Primordial diet (P.M.D)
The P.M.D diet is one of the many types of raw diets that is suitable for dogs and you can achieve it through two ways of feeding.
1) Whole Prey - it is based on the consummation of whole prey, including fur or feathers. Some examples of wild prey are hares, squirrels, and wild poultry. From farm or home-based prey, some examples are rabbits, chickens, 1-day-old chicks, ducks, quails, guinea hens and etc. Prey is served dead.
2) Frank Prey - in this method the diet is based on having the same proportion and amount of food as the whole prey method, but it is made up of different types of prey and is likewise served dead.
A balanced and nourishing diet, which contains all of the needed macronutrients (protein, carbohydrates, fats) and micronutrients (vitamins and minerals) is the basis of healthy growth and development of every individual.
Dogs have changed massively from the exterior towards the liking of people, but their digestive system ended up almost without any changes, and dogs are still primarily carnivores.
Let's go back to the roots, to what is natural for dogs!
Why would I feed with a raw diet? Because it is:
- No gastrointestinal problems
- Establishes the perfect microflora in the intestines.
- Could save your dog's life!
Only some of the positives of consuming a raw diet:
- Tons of energy
- Healthy and shiny fur
- Healthy digestive system and intestines
- Fresh breath
- Healthy and clean teeth
- Strong bones and joints
- Resistant immune system
Assembling the correct plan may seem complicated, but don't worry!